SUBMISSION OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR BLAKENEY PARISH (THE “BLAKENEY NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN”): CONSULTATION UNDER REGULATION 16 OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2012
Blakeney Parish Council has submitted a Draft Neighbourhood Development Plan to North Norfolk District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). Ahead of independent examination it is the Council’s role to publicise and bring the proposal to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business in the neighbourhood area, detailing how the draft plan and associated documents may be inspected, and how you can make representations for the appointed examiner to consider as part of the independent examination.
Following the independent examination, should the draft or modified plan proceed to referendum and be subject to a positive result, the plan would become part of the wider North Norfolk Development Plan and used in conjunction with the District wide strategic policies set out in the Local Plan, National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), and national planning guidance to determine planning applications in the Blakeney Neighbourhood Plan Area which is designated as the parish of Blakeney.
THE PLAN PROPOSAL
In accordance with Regulation 16, North Norfolk District Council is now consulting upon the draft Blakeney Neighbourhood Plan, July 2021 and associated Plan documents which were received between November 2021 and January 2022.
The consultation period will run for six weeks commencing Monday 28 March and closing Monday 9 May, 2022.
The draft plan proposal comprises the following documents:
- Proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan Examination Version, July 2021
- Basic Conditions Statement, July 2021
- Consultation Statement, July 2021
- Evidence Pack updated April 2020
- Strategic Environmental Assessment, SEA & Habitats Regulations Assessment, HRA Screening Reports, March 2021 and Determination Statements April 2021
The documents and prescribed consultation response form can be viewed online at www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/blakeneynp. Paper copies are available to view at The Parish Council Office, Langham Road, Blakeney, NR25 7PG by prior arrangement with the parish clerk. Copies can also be viewed at NNDC, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN during normal opening hours. Those who are not online can request a printed copy from email@example.com or by telephoning 01263 741106.
HOW TO RESPOND
Representations are invited on the content of the draft Plan and in particular on whether or not the plan proposal fulfils the ‘basic conditions’ and other matters that the appointed examiner is required to consider under paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
The prescribed Consultation Response Form should be completed and returned to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; or,
- Planning Policy Team, NNDC, Council Offices, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 9EN
Responses should be received by midnight Monday 9 May, 2022. Late representations may not be accepted. If you have any difficulty in responding using the prescribed form please call 01263 516318.
Personal data will be processed in line with the Councils Data Protection and Privacy Policies. All responses will be made available to the third party inspector and be made publically available, however personal contact details will not be publically disclosed.
REQUEST TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE DECISION TO ADOPT THE PLAN
Any person making a representation at this stage may request to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision under Regulation 19 (to adopt the Plan for use). If you wish to be notified please indicate this in the appropriate place on the Consultation Response Form.
THE BASIC CONDITIONS
The representations received at this stage will be forwarded to an appointed examiner who will consider if the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents meets the relevant ‘basic conditions’ and other matters that the independent examiner is required to consider under paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and advice contained in guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area; (e the Local Plan)
- Doesn’t breach and is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC, and;
- That prescribed conditions are met in relation to the plan and prescribed matters have been complied with in connection with the proposal for the neighbourhood plan.
Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/neighbourhood-planning–2
For further information about the content of the Neighbourhood Plan please contact Blakeney Parish Council email@example.com or 01263 741106